Love your neighborhood? Shout about it! Have an insider tip? Share it with us! Contact us or comment below.
- Meet your neighbors at the Louisville Downtown Residents Association. Best way to reach them is through their Facebook page.
- Network with other businesses and community organizations at the Main Street Association.
- Maps, walking tours, and Louisville merchandise are all available at the downtown Visitors Centers
- The Public Library offers lots of great free public events, such as the Authors at the Library Series, book discussion groups, computer classes, and so much more.
- There are two downtown post offices: 1) Downtown Post Office and 2) 4th Street Postal Store.
- Waterfront Park is the largest park downtown and hosts a lot of fun events throughout the year. There are also a lot of small pocket parks scattered throughout the city. For a list and map of park locations, check out the Metro Parks.
- PARC offers ½ price parking for downtown residents
- Purchase a PARC smart card (prepaid parking meter card), no change required and you get refunded for time you don’t use
- TARC Trolleys are free to ride and run along the 4th Street and main/market street corridors
- Use the Louie Link (downtown skywalk) on cold and/or rainy days, offers protection from the elements. Download the Louie Link map.
- Closest recommended grocery stores are Kroger on Brownsboro Rd or Value Market on Bardstown Road (which also offers delivery service). Another option is Bodega at Felice on East Market Street which offers limited options, but great for when you just need to pick up a few things to hold you over to the weekend. And you can always venture further out on the weekend and go to Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Fresh Market or Rainbow Blossom (local natural food store).