Plenty to do, with the right connection
Top Free Events:
- Buy Local Fair - annual fair featuring local businesses, musicians, artist and craftspeople, chefs, community organizers, and farmers.
- First Friday Trolley Hop – art gallery hop on downtown’s Main & Market corridor the first Friday of every month, 5-11 pm.
- F.A.T Friday Trolley Hop – art gallery hop on Historic Frankfort Avenue corridor the last Friday of every month, 6-10:30 pm. (INSIDER TIP: Eat early or make a reservation, restaurants get slammed)
- Iroquois amphitheater movie series - free family-friendly films during the summer months.
- Light up Louisville - lights, fireworks and music downtown at Jefferson Park annually the Friday after Thanksgiving.
- LuLu Lemon complimentary community activities (yoga, boot camps, etc) every Saturday morning.
- NuLu Festival – annual street festival aka block party held late September, featuring local food, craft beer, awesome vendors, and live music on the big stage. Official after party of the Idea Festival.
- PechaKucha Night Louisville–series of short presentations (20 images x 20 seconds) in a relaxed social setting, organized by Urban Design Studio.
- Shakespeare in the Park –held annually in the Central Park amphitheater in Old Louisville and is the oldest free Shakespeare festival in the country.
- St James Art Fair – annual art show held the first full weekend in October in the heart of historic Old Louisville. (INSIDER TIP: Parking can be tricky, bikes are always a good option).
- Thunder Over Louisville– largest fireworks display in the nation that officially kicks off Derby season. (Insider Tip: Plan to get there early to get a good seat, ride your bike or park on the east side of downtown so you don’t get stuck in the traffic after the show or find a downtown after party)
- Waterfront Wednesdays - WFPK’s free summer riverfront concert series at Waterfront Park the last Wednesday of each month, April through September. (INSIDER TIP: Get there early for parking or ride your bike, bring cash for food and drinks)
- Zombie Walk –Zombies invade the Highlands (Bardstown Road between Eastern Parkway and Bearno’s) annually at 8:29 p.m. on August 29th.